Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jtischler
Helper I
Helper I

Bridge Slicer not slicing 2nd table

Hello all,

I have seen many posts that seem to be my use case, but the solutions are not working for me.  

Using solution from this post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Disconnected-Slicer-to-slice-a-table/m-p/2526123

The visual is a card, representing a distinct count of a different Facts2 [field2] that should change based on slicer selection filtering Facts2[field1] .

I have two facts tables, with many same fields and 1 Bridge table with a common field that I want to use as a slicer.  The only relationship between the facts tables is a 1 to Many, single direction.  And the bridge table to each of the facts table, 1 to many 1 direction.  The slicer is only slicing 1 of the tables not both.

I have seen where the solution is to create a measure that is used as a visual filter where the filter is set to 1.  1 represents the value on facts table row when the field value matches selected value.

Measure 1 to capture selected value from Facts2 : 

SlcCareerTrack = SELECTEDVALUE('Slicer'[Value])

Measure 2 in table to return 1 when selected Value from slicer matches field value in table:

SelCareerTrack =
var _sel = [SlcCareerTrack]
var _CarTrk = MAX(Facts2[Career Track]
Return
If(CONTAINSSTRING(_CarTrk,_sel),1,0)

Issue 1 - "var _sel = [SlcCareerTrack]" - This is supposed to reference the (facts2)[field] but it will only accept measures or functions.  It will not accept (facts table)[field]?? -   RESOLVED - Is looking for the value in Measure 1 NOT Facts table

Issue 2 - The visual is a card, representing a distinct count of field that should change based on slicer selection.  When applying the visual filter Measure2 'is 1' - The filter will not allow me to modify the 'is'.  I cannot change the operator nor select the filter options at all.  Its like its frozen. RESOLVED!!! - I changed the card to a table and added the Facts2[Field] which allowed me to configure the filter and then change back to a card!!

Issue 3 - When putting this in a table to see the actual data - The Slicer selected value assigns to all rows, which gives them an automatic 1??   RESOLVED.  Value 1 assigns appropriately based on slicer selection with resolution on issue 1

Jtischler_0-1680121285698.png

Jtischler_1-1680121366049.png

Please help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jtischler
Helper I
Helper I

My stubbornness paid off and I was able to solve this on my own, albeit after many hours!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jtischler
Helper I
Helper I

My stubbornness paid off and I was able to solve this on my own, albeit after many hours!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.