Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SACooper
Helper II
Helper II

Box and Whisker (MAQ Software) - Duration of activities.

I have a table that lists among other things contains WorkItem (name of activity), AccessTime (time taken to complete activity), ProcessedDate (date activity started), Processedtime (time activity started), Index (this was added after some research but didnt help me solve the problem)

What I am aiming to do is analyse how long each activity takes to complete, (so we cna see mean, upper and lower bounds, quartiles and the outliers).

For some reason (me being a little dim) Accesstime seens to want to be summarised by count, sum, et. when my head tells me it shouldn't be. even though access time is formatted as time, the tooltips are in decimal and the results don't look accurate.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

SACooper_1-1657033306834.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @SACooper ,

You could add column about duration as tooltip.

vyalanwumsft_0-1657519972496.png

The final show:

vyalanwumsft_1-1657519989404.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @SACooper ,

You could add column about duration as tooltip.

vyalanwumsft_0-1657519972496.png

The final show:

vyalanwumsft_1-1657519989404.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SACooper
Helper II
Helper II

@v-yalanwu-msft Thank you for your help. I have created a new column Access_Time_Seconds which converts AccessTime to whole seconds and plotted that - it looks much nicer - but... not entirely sure how to add a tooltip that then formats this time as hh:nn:ss.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @SACooper ,

Generally, value is a number type (measure or column). If the value is not a number type, the system automatically identifies it as count, and the calculation result is also a number type.
Since the duration is text in your screenshot, it is recommended to convert "hh:mm:ss" to second as value, and then use "hh:mm"ss as tooltip.

https://www.pbiusergroup.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=5b1f7362-...

Best Regards,

SACooper
Helper II
Helper II

OK - managed to get the distribution looking better by adding accesstime to the Axis as well as value fields - but I still cna't fathom how to format the results (including tooltip) as time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.