Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MattJM
Frequent Visitor

Bookmarking a Filter while Keeping Drill through the Same

Hello,

I'm running into an issue that I haven't found a solution to yet - having a bookmark filter out a certain value without touching any filters in the drill through section.

For example, I have a drill through on Page 1 to Page 2. Of course, Page 2 has the drillthrough filters from Page 1. I'm looking to create a bookmark that filters out a certain value without having to change anything from the drillthrough section. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MattJM 

Sorry, I think I'm missing the point of bookmark here. Why not page 2 with player stats has all the filters you need and from Page 1 only the player is getting used to filter the page 2.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MattJM not sure if I understood it correctly. maybe turn offkeep all filters on page 2. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks for the reply!

That wouldn't work because I need the filters to carry over from the previous page. 

Not sure how else to explain it other than I need to keep the drillthrough filters the same. Meaning the bookmark should not affect the drill through filters. I simply just need the bookmark to change a value within the "page" filter.

As an examlpe, think of it like drilling through based on baseball player. Page 1 has the different baseball players and their respective teams, while page 2 has that player's specific stats. I would need the drill through to keep the player's names, team, etc. from page 1, while using another bookmark to filter out a certain year on Page 2. Using a bookmark normally would just take a "screenshot" and wouldn't keep the same drillthrough filters. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.