Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DataSkills
Helper II
Helper II

Black areas when using Synoptic Panel by OKViz

Hi there, 

I am using Synoptic Panel by OKViz to create a report that allows users to click on plaques, windows etc within a church and see the details about what the items say, who donated the panel etc. 

I have created the SVG images using the Synoptic design tool. Each item gets a unique name which correlates to a record in my dataset. I have taken care to ensure that my naming is identical. So I have eg Plaque001, Plaque002 etc. Or Window001, Window002.  My naming is unique in the dataset (ie no 2 plaques have the same number). 

The problem I am experiencing is that when I import my svg image into the visual in Power BI, I am getting limited (sometimes zero, sometimes partial) association between the delineated zones I created and my data. I am a bit stumped as to why. The ONLY thing that links the 2 is the name and this is identical in my dataset and in the SVG file. When the Synoptic panel visual doesn't find associated data, it shows up by default as a black zone. When I hover over a zone it gives me the name I associated with that zone (eg Plaque075). If I look in my data, I have Plaque075! These should link. 

Screenshot 2022-03-14 213837.jpg

Am I missing something in terms of how this works? Any suggestions welcomed.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DataSkills
Helper II
Helper II

I have figured out the problem. In order to get this visual to work, you have to put a field into the "measure" field. If you use a field that has nulls, you get a black area.

I don't need any value in there so I had used a field that was partially filled in and as a result, SOME of my areas were being "linked" and those with nulls were coming up black! Once I changed to a field with values throughout, it all worked. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DataSkills
Helper II
Helper II

I have figured out the problem. In order to get this visual to work, you have to put a field into the "measure" field. If you use a field that has nulls, you get a black area.

I don't need any value in there so I had used a field that was partially filled in and as a result, SOME of my areas were being "linked" and those with nulls were coming up black! Once I changed to a field with values throughout, it all worked. 

Hi @DataSkills ,

It's glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. And thanks for sharing your solution here. Could you please mark your post as Answered? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem as yours. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.