Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Newcolator
Helper I
Helper I

Between dates slicer using months

Hello

I am using a between date slicer in my report, however the date column I'm using is months, where the day of each date is set to 1. Is it possible to make the date slicer not have the full date, but use months instead? So when you drag the circles it just snaps from one month to another, without all the dates inbetween? Thanks.

Newcolator_0-1710752377931.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @Newcolator 
If you take Between option of slicer it always show you continue date. Its better for just month selection you can either take tile or verticle list or dropdown.

Uzi2019_0-1710756904557.png

If you dont want calendar as a slicer then take different option under visual slicer setting.

I hope I answered your question!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @Newcolator 
If you take Between option of slicer it always show you continue date. Its better for just month selection you can either take tile or verticle list or dropdown.

Uzi2019_0-1710756904557.png

If you dont want calendar as a slicer then take different option under visual slicer setting.

I hope I answered your question!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!
Chocohammer
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Newcolator 

I'm not an expert, but what kind of data type is your Months column? You can easily change the data type of column to mmmm or mm, depending on if you want your full name or shorter.

Maybe show some simple data I can work with or date tables. 

Also, I don't like using slicers between. I prefer the dropdown with multiselect, but that's a subjective opinion.

Have a good one.

Choco

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.