Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

brendaivett
Advocate II
Advocate II

Bar Chart with Time Slicer - Colors Issue

Hi,

I have a Clustered Bar Chart with the following settings:

Axis:

Method

Name

Legend:

Fiscal Year

Value:

Amount

And I designated a color for each Fiscal Year legend.

It shows the values and color correctly, but then I added a Time Slicer to my report, the one that come from the regular Slicer, which was recently upgraded.

When in the slicer I pick the dates of ranges that fall only in the second fiscal year, I get the correct values in the chart, but I still get the two colors mixed in the bars, it actually shows more bars with the "last year color" even though the value is this year's. The tooltip shows fine, the value, the "in detail records", everything except the color.

If I pick the first year dates, the color shows correctly, but if I pick the second year dates, the colors get mixed.

With values from 2 fiscal yearsWith values from 2 fiscal yearsWith values only from 2nd fiscal yearWith values only from 2nd fiscal year

I will greatly appreciate any hints to solve this.

Thank you in advance!

Have a great day!

Brenda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I fixed it...I reverted the legend settings to the original, then set up the colors again and voila, it got fixed...I guess it's just a glitch.

But thanks for the willingness to help!

Brenda

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mi2n
Employee
Employee

Can you provide the data used for this chart without any filtering? and also provide the formula used for Amount, and a screenshot of the color setting.

I think I fixed it...I reverted the legend settings to the original, then set up the colors again and voila, it got fixed...I guess it's just a glitch.

But thanks for the willingness to help!

Brenda

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.