Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

karimk
Helper III
Helper III

Bar Chart Missing X Axis Labels

Hi,
I have a bar chart that shows the ammount of things I have to do per month, over the next 2 years.

My X axis is missing some labels, although I still get the bar.

If I change my X axis type to categorical, it will show the labels correctly, but not all months, even if I choose to show items with no values.

My excel database is as shown.
Any suggestions?

example 3.PNG

example 2.PNG

example 3.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
jdubs
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, just checking to see what the solution to this was. I have a similar problem. 

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@karimk

Can you try "show items with no data" when you select "Contiuous" on X-axis?

In chart visuals, when you select "Contiuous" and put a date field, it supposes to detect the date hierarchy and generate continuous dates on X-axis. 

If you select "Categorical", it will only show items which exists in your source table.

Regards,

Hi, thank you very much for the response. I actually didn´t upload a pic of the chart with bars showing, but no label.

Here it is. This is not date hierarchy, with a continuous x axis configuration and "show items with no data"

As you can see, the month of February 2018 has a bar with 1 item, but the label for "Feb 2018" is not showing

new example xaxis.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.