Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

SDittmannFleet
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

BUG: Formatting options are unavailable for this visual

I know this has already been reported elsewhere, but nothing seems to have been done about it. I have the latest version of Power BI, and this started popping up just recently. It doesn't matter what the visual is, and it doesn't matter if anything is grouped etc. I click on the visual, and I get a blank formatting pane. I am using the preview feature "On-object interaction", but reverting back has not fixed this. I am including a screenshot where the visual in question is a simple rectangle.

SDittmannFleet_0-1696609842551.png

3 REPLIES 3
sasdfasdfsad
Helper II
Helper II

Same issue for me as well.... 

PBI Desktop: Version: 2.122.746.0 64-bit (October 2023)

bangsheadondesk
Frequent Visitor

SAME.  Sometimes it's an issue, sometimes it's fine.  Sometimes it bounces back and forth, unavailable then randomly available again.  No pattern whatsoever.  Sometimes grouped, sometimes not.  Ungrouping isn't always a solution. Sometimes changing tabs then back again will fix, sometimes no.  Sometimes I can duplicate the page and change it there.  Sometimes the duplicate doesn't work and the original suddenly does again...  WHAT IS GOING ON???

SDittmannFleet
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I should note, too, that if I click around and hit a visual where the pane is finally working and then back to the visual where it wasn't, the format pane shows up as expected. However, I shouldn't have to do that, and I shouldn't have to resort to any of the other "workarounds" I've seen online. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP, it is ANNOYING.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.