Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JemmaD
Resolver II
Resolver II

BOOKMARK CLEARING PAGE FILTERS AND SLICERS

I know this is an old one but I can't find a clear answer.

I have a bunch of bookmarks which apply pre-filtered hidden slicers, so each bookmark shows the same matrix just filtered to specified requirements.

However there are also visible slicers, for year and quarter etc. If a user selects a year, and then moves across the bookmarks it clears their year slicer. How do I keep it?

Also I applied a page level filter which I then had to apply to each bookmark as that was disappearing as well. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JemmaD
Resolver II
Resolver II

In the end I had to create multiple tables, filtered at visual level, and the bookmark shows/hides the tables accordingly. Then I can turn Data off the bookmarks and it allows the slicers to work across them. Hard work but it achieves what I need. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JemmaD
Resolver II
Resolver II

In the end I had to create multiple tables, filtered at visual level, and the bookmark shows/hides the tables accordingly. Then I can turn Data off the bookmarks and it allows the slicers to work across them. Hard work but it achieves what I need. 

Agree. As of today, and to my knowledge, this is the only to way to have full control over the filter interactions in this case.

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @JemmaD 

Please ensure you uncheck the Data on the bookmark. Right click your bookmark and uncheck.

Hariharan_R_0-1656594720387.png

Thanks

Hari

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

That stops my bookmarks filtering altogether. IUnless I can pre-filter my table using something other than slicers I think i'm stuck with the bookmarks removing the filters. How irritating.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.