Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eugene1
Regular Visitor

Azure Table Storage filter by partition key range

Is it possible to filter data on Azure Table Storage side via Table Storage connector?

Table Storage has preformant operations to fetch data by given Paertition Key range like the following:

(PartitionKey ge 'AAAAA' and PartitionKey le 'BBBBB')

Is it possible to force PowerBI somehow to make such perofromant queries instead of filtering on the user side?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
eugene1
Regular Visitor

Here is M-language snippet (from Advanced Editor). This is translated and works on server side like a charm.

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(tablename, each ([PartitionKey] >= "XXXX" and [PartitionKey] <= "YYYYY" )),

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
eugene1
Regular Visitor

Here is M-language snippet (from Advanced Editor). This is translated and works on server side like a charm.

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(tablename, each ([PartitionKey] >= "XXXX" and [PartitionKey] <= "YYYYY" )),

Dear all,

The solution also works for me but I would like to make the filtering 'dynamic' based on the result of another query.

When I define another query LastProcessedPartitionKey which returns a single value of type Text and I change the filtering condition to

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(tablename, each ([PartitionKey] > LastProcessedPartitionKey,

evaluation keeps going on...

When I replave the queryname by the actual underlying value between "", the results are available after a couple of seconds.

Could it be that the use of a 'variable' breaks the query folding and triggers processing on client side?

Thanks and best regards

Koen

I think you are right, it looks like only the constant expressions are supported in such cases to be translated to the server-side fitering expressions...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.