Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Saad-Younus
Frequent Visitor

Azure Map Legend Sort changes when Size Attribute is added

Hi
I am facing this issue. When I don't include Sales as size of bubble, the legend is sorted (as required)

SaadYounus_4-1704756151620.png

When I add sum of sales (or sales) in the size attribute in the format tab, the legend sort changes but I want to keep the original sort

SaadYounus_5-1704756195162.png

Here is the table I am using to build the visual (dummy data)

SaadYounus_3-1704756017679.png

Appreciate any help

P.S. I've tried adding another sort table but of no use.

4 REPLIES 4
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Saad-Younus ,

This seems to be a design behavior that defaults to sorting the legnd by size.

You can post your idea to Ideas .  https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Or you can use the map visual object.

Sort [category] in ascending order in power query and then add a index column.

vtangjiemsft_0-1704782824668.png

Check the [category] column to sort by index column.

vtangjiemsft_1-1704783104863.png

Then the result is as follows.

vtangjiemsft_2-1704783365556.png

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-tangjie-msft 
Thanks for that (for map object solution), that could work, but I am using referecne layer (some boundaries) with the azure map, that's not possible with the map visual. 

Hi @Saad-Younus ,

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Saad-Younus , In Power BI, once you start using legend, we can not use conditional formatting. So I doubt you can control the colors of choice in case you are using legend, as of now

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.