Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JimmyCruyp
Helper II
Helper II

Axe X and Y with the same table same column

Hey guys,

I have an issue: I need to create a scatter plot with one value on the x-axis and another value on the y-axis.

However, I only have one table with one column of measurements and one column of attributes.

This means that, for example, I will take row number 1 for the value A on the x-axis and row number 2 for the value B on the y-axis. The value on the y-axis will be in the same column as the measurement, and the attribute for x or y will also be in the same column. I tried duplicating the attribute column as attribute x and creating another column as attribute y. I also tried creating a formula that would calculate the value on the x-axis as the sum of the values for the x attribute slicer and the value on the y-axis as the sum of the values for the y attribute slicer. However, if I do not select the same attributes for x attribute and y attribute, nothing appears. This is probably because it is filtering the table in the background. Any ideas? Thank you very much.

8 REPLIES 8
JimmyCruyp
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you. I have done this : i have now 3 colums but the problem is more on the value. Because when you filter with a slicer the attribute X created, it filter the entire table. In the example : I need to have 2 slicers : one to select attribute X, the other to select attribute Y. For example here, I would like select Jim for x and Helen for Y. Thanks, Jim

JimmyCruyp
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you. I have done this : i have now 3 colums but the problem is more on the value. Because when you filter with a slicer the attribute X created, it filter the entire table

???

if you fill attribute in values, x in x, and y in y, how do you manage to have a filter?

marcl1_0-1679061542725.png

in 1 column i have value.

In a second column i have attribute

I have added 2 new colums : attribute X and Attribute Y.

ANd i look for the formula to have Value X and Value Y.

But when i filter on my slicer one attribute X and one attribute Y, nothing appears because they are different attributes, and there are one different attribute per row. So it means that it filter the table. Is that clear?

JimmyCruyp_0-1679062371726.png

marcl1_0-1679063034889.png

marcl1_1-1679063054603.png

I need to have 2 slicers : one to select attribute X, the other to select attribute Y. For example i would like select Jim for x and Helen for Y. Do you understand now?

marcl1
Helper II
Helper II

i guess you need to transform your data source in [attribute] [x] [y] so having 3 columns, preferably you do that in the query editor, or in your database/excel if possible

For the moment to solve this, I am looking to create a formula. I have a slicer with an attribute value called AttrX. It contains a column of AttrX data that has different attribute names. For example A, B, C, D etc. In the same table called: view_dim_measure_resultX, I have a value: ValueX. Which has a different value per attribute. I would like to create a new measure that will be called X and that will set all the values ​​of X to zero if it is not selected in the slicer. and all the values ​​of ValueX in X if it is selected in the slicer. So for example if I select A and D in the slicer, in my table I want to see A = the value of ValueX, D = the value of ValueX and the other attributes = 0 for each line/attribute. Considering that I want to see these results in a graph or a table that should not be filtered only on the selected values ​​since I want to see all the attributes even if they are not selected and that their X value is therefore zero.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.