Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ViniNaegele
Frequent Visitor

Avoid updating visual from Desktop to web

Hi,

I have made several changes to the web version of my report, which is now very different from my original desktop version.

Thing is I have just realized there was a filter at the power query from my desktop version, selecting only 2020 and leaving 2019 out.

So my data from 2019 is not showing up in my web version and I wouldnt like to republish the desktop version, so it do not replace all changes I did in the web version.

I have already removed the filter from my power editor in the desktop.

Is there a way for me to update the web version with this filter remove, so 2019 can show in my web version, without re-publishing, so I dont lose all editions?

Also, can I access the power query from the web?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ViniNaegele you cannot access power query on the web, you can download pbix from the web which will have all the changes, edit in desktop, make the changes, and publish it back.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ViniNaegele you cannot access power query on the web, you can download pbix from the web which will have all the changes, edit in desktop, make the changes, and publish it back.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thank you very much for the help!

Its solved 🙂 @parry2k 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.