Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Rody
Frequent Visitor

Avg output per day based on different trading days per state

Hi there,

I have a sales report that is being used across all states in Australia. For the business, it is important to understand the average output per trading day. The problem is that every state has different public holidays and therefore has different amoun of trading dates.

I have a calendar table that contains:
* Public holiday and other closure dates per state

* Total trading days per month per state

* Count of trading days past in current month per state

Example of the date table for NSW, but the other states are set up in a similar fashion

Rody_0-1667875290245.png

Now, the issue is that I would like to have 1 table that shows the average output per day per state. On the top of the page I have a filter that can select the state. How to I build a calculate that the output should be divided by a different amount of trading days depending on the state selected? I could of course build various dashboards but the ideal option is just to have one page.

Thanks heaps

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.