Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rush
Helper V
Helper V

Average per Selected Period in a Table with a measure

Hi All

I have a measure that calculates the average utilisation per month but would like to bring back an average over the selected period which the value will be duplicated (see image below):

UT (Excl. Timeoff) = 

VAR BH = SUM(Billing_Dump_Report[Billable Hours])
VAR AH = SUM(Avail_Hours_and_Days[Available Hours])
VAR TOH_EXCL_PH = SUM(Billing_Dump_Report[Time-off Hours]) - SUM(Billing_Dump_Report[Public Holidays])

RETURN

DIVIDE( BH, AH - TOH_EXCL_PH  , 0 )

Outcome required:

UT 9000000.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rush ,

I am not sure what desired result would you want, could you please share your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Please read this post to get your answer quickly: How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

Best Regards,

Amy

@v-xicai 

Please see test data for 1 staff member where I have table with various columns and measures.

The column UT (Excl. Timeoff) is a measure:

UT (Excl. Timeoff) = 

VAR BH = SUM(Billing_Dump_Report[Billable Hours])
VAR AH = SUM(Avail_Hours_and_Days[Available Hours])
VAR TOH_EXCL_PH = SUM(Billing_Dump_Report[Time-off Hours]) - SUM(Billing_Dump_Report[Public Holidays])

RETURN

DIVIDE( BH, AH - TOH_EXCL_PH  , 0 )

What I am trying to achieve is a measure that would take the average over a selected period (Mar -July 2019) being the measure UT (Excl. Timeoff) and have it display next to it to show the average UT over the period selected.

Please see link to the file where I have highlighted the column in yellow that I trying to achieve with a measure :
Test Data

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.