Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cristianml
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Average of a Measure

Hi,

I need to callculate an average of a Measure.  It the following screen should be  46/47  but not 52

I tried with a formula that you see there but didn't work. 

My measure is the one called "Actual HC"

Actual HC = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Resource Actual'[Name]),FILTER('Resource Actual','Resource Actual'[Category]="Hours" && 'Resource Actual'[Quantity]>8))

AVERAGE.png

Any ideas ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ooops, sorry, I forgot that we were working with a measure already. You will need to use AVERAGEX with the <table> parameter identifying your Year-Month column. I think the following will work, but if not, let me know.

AVERAGEX( VALUES( 'YourDateTable'[Year-Month]), [Actual HC] )

where 'YourDateTable' is your date table and [Year-Month] is the column in your date table with the year-month.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/averagex-function-dax

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RandyPgh
Resolver III
Resolver III

Please share the DAX for [Actual HC].

Hi @RandyPgh ,

Follow :

Actual HC = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Resource Actual'[Name]),FILTER('Resource Actual','Resource Actual'[Category]="Hours" && 'Resource Actual'[Quantity]>8))

regards

Your illustration in the original post shows the spinners in the top-left of each visualization. This means that they are still loading. Assuming that they look the same after the spinners complete, you would need to change the Average calculation to be 

Average of resource = AVERAGE( [Actual HC] )

Then put this "Average of resource" measure into the Field of the card visualization instead of the current "Actual HC". That should change the 52 to a 45.5 (if visualized with decimals).

Hi @RandyPgh ,

Is not working: 

ERROR.png

Ooops, sorry, I forgot that we were working with a measure already. You will need to use AVERAGEX with the <table> parameter identifying your Year-Month column. I think the following will work, but if not, let me know.

AVERAGEX( VALUES( 'YourDateTable'[Year-Month]), [Actual HC] )

where 'YourDateTable' is your date table and [Year-Month] is the column in your date table with the year-month.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/averagex-function-dax

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.