Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Kenta
Frequent Visitor

Average 4wk unit sales

Hi,

I'm currently trying to modify a formula to show only past 4 weeks of sales. Currently, the formula shows average unit sales for all selected weeks in the dashboard.

This is the current formula:

Avg. Wk U Sls C2024 =
AVERAGEX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Master - Calendar Linear View'[Date].[Date]),
'Master - Calendar Linear View'[Date].[Date] <= MAX('Master - Calendar Linear View'[Date].[Date])),
[Total U C2024])

I would like it to always show the last 4 weeks of sales and not an average for all selected weeks.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

First: Do you have a contiguous Date dimension attached to your fact table. Let's assume you do.

Create a calculated column in the Date table of [Weeks Back] = DATEDIFF(WEEK, 'Date'[Date], TODAY() )

NOTE: Not sure if the DAX is 100% accurate here, going from memory.

Now create your measure:

Last Four Weeks Sales = CALCULATE ( SUM ( <some column> ), 'Date'[Weeks Back] IN {1, 2, 3, 4} )

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

First: Do you have a contiguous Date dimension attached to your fact table. Let's assume you do.

Create a calculated column in the Date table of [Weeks Back] = DATEDIFF(WEEK, 'Date'[Date], TODAY() )

NOTE: Not sure if the DAX is 100% accurate here, going from memory.

Now create your measure:

Last Four Weeks Sales = CALCULATE ( SUM ( <some column> ), 'Date'[Weeks Back] IN {1, 2, 3, 4} )

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.