Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Oggie
Frequent Visitor

Automatic selection of filter value based on another dimension

I have created a graph that shows a benchmark that compares the KPI for a selected legal entity with other legal entities:

Oggie_0-1718789980344.png

I am using the following code to change the color for the selected division

Highlight selected TS = 
if(
    ISFILTERED('Department copy') &&
    VALUES('dim_department'[legal_entity_name]) IN VALUES('Department copy'[legal_entity_name]),
    "Green", "Light Gray")

The "Department copy"-table is a copy of "dim_department" which is setup only for this purpose, but there is no relationship between the tables since I don't want selections of "dim_department" to filter "Department Copy".

So far so good.... but I want a slicer of "dim_department" to automatically select the same legal entity in the slicer that gives the highlighted value (or any other solution apart from slicer).

I tried to do the following solution:

1. Create a measure to display selected value (works fine)

SelectedLegalEntity = SELECTEDVALUE('dim_department'[legal_entity_name])

2. Create a new column in "Department Copy" to decide which value that is selected. (Doesn't work... can't get any values from "SelectedLegalEntity". All rows in table shows "0".)

IsSelected = IF('department copy'[legal_entity_name] = [SelectedLegalEntity], 1, 0)

Next step was to add "IsSelected" to the visual filter with the condition "1".

Is this a viable solution? Where do I go wrong? Any other solution possible?

Best regards
Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Oggie
Frequent Visitor

Found the solution online after some search...

Sync two different slicers from different tables without a relationship in Power BI (youtube.com)

The solution is to sync the slicers by the Advanced Options and give them a common group name.

Oggie_0-1718797418798.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Oggie
Frequent Visitor

Found the solution online after some search...

Sync two different slicers from different tables without a relationship in Power BI (youtube.com)

The solution is to sync the slicers by the Advanced Options and give them a common group name.

Oggie_0-1718797418798.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors