Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

damit23183
Employee
Employee

Auto Sorting in Sankey Chart

Hi,

I am working on Sankey Chart where I would like to do sorting based on nodes (Auto Sorting). If with Nodes its not possible then what are the different option to sort sankey chart.

NOTE: I tried with drag and drop already but client want something auto sorting like we have on other chart.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Tell your client that the concept of sorting does not apply to Sankey charts.  Sankey data points are positioned in a two dimensional coordinate system, and the positioning depends on the chaining levels, connection weight etc.

ya...  100% disagree with your response ("does not apply") ... and with the tone "tell your client what they seek is wrong" ... neither are helpful in answering OP's ? 

The ability to arrange the order of these elements in a way that makes sense to the consumer of the chart ... and fix that order as you flip between various slicer settings ... is critical to making this type of chart "actually useful" vs what it acheives without these features ... which is "looks cool but can't interpret it" 

I came here with the same goal as OP... and will continue my search.

Thank you for responding.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.