Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

THar01
Frequent Visitor

Auto Limit Page Display To Only those Fiscal Months That Have Data

I've built an executive summary dashboard with various MTD and YTD visuals. Being an executive summary dashboard, there are no slicers or other filters to alter the data in the visuals - just a static display of data for our exec's. The report auto updates daily and pulls in relevant sales data used to build out the visuals. As our fiscal year runs from September 1 to August 31, I'd to limit the data on the page to just those fiscal months that have sales data, then automatically display each new month's worth of sales data as it is pulled in. For example, today the report is only showing data up thru today (March). I'm doing this manually with a page level filter which means I'll have to manually add each new month to the filter. Is there a way to do this automatically by tweaking my MTD/YTD dax measures?  Or maybe some other means?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@THar01 , if you only need to select a month you need to create a column like this table and use it

Month Type = Switch( True(),
eomonth([Date],0) = eomonth(Today(),-1*month(Today())),"Last year Last Month" ,
eomonth([Date],0) = eomonth(Today(),-1),"Last Month" ,
eomonth([Date],0)= eomonth(Today(),0),"This Month" ,
Format([Date],"MMM-YYYY")
)

Use a slicer of filter.

Or create ytd range filter and filter on that

if( [Date]>= date(if(month(Today())<=8, year(today()) -1, year(today()) ) , 9,1) && [Date] <= Today(), "Current FY" , "Other")

Thanks Amit. The request is that there be no slicers or other filtering on the page, just a static display of data where the visuals automatically update with each new month's sales data. That being the case, would I use the second statement you posted? And, if so, where would it go?  And would be a measure or calculated column in my date table?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.