Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Twistof8

Arranging pages

In my Power BI I have created 40 different page views through the years. now I want to arrange them in groups. How do I re-arrange the pages? I am dragging them one by one to match up with similar pages but this is tedious as you can only drag and drop on the page...so you cannot drag from page 40 all the way to 2...you have to do 40 to 37 then move to the left...then do 37 to 34 etc etc. When I right click on the left and right arrows moving the pages below...I get a list of all my pages. Is there a way to rearrange the pages in this view? I tried but no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Twistof8,

AFAIK, current power bi does not excite the auto re-arranging page feature. Perhaps you can create bookmarks for each page and apply groups of the bookmark for grouping and navigations.

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
matan_benyishay
Helper II
Helper II

Tableau has a page sorting view. You can re-arrange or delete multiple pages from there. It makes it much easier than moving one at a time. 

Twistof8

Hi,

Not quite but thank you for your response.

I have about 40 pages and I spend a lot of time finding the right page as new pages are created at the very last page.

Ie. I would like to group all my pages related to customers together (page 1-5) then group all my sales by Liters (page 6-12) then all related to monthly sales+liters (pages 13-20) etc.

Now you can only move pages from right to left on the screen visible. So each one has to be dragged from very right to left of screen. Screen moved then move again from right to left.

Currently I can right click on the arrows which brings up a vertical screen showing all my pages. If I could move the pages here it would be a lot easier as I have visibility of about 10 pages at a time, or if you could drag all the way from bottom to top to arrange that would be great.

Another feature I wish they had was to color code the page labels. That way I could color code all page tabs at the bottom according to grouping.

Thanks

Hi @Twistof8,

AFAIK, current power bi does not excite the auto re-arranging page feature. Perhaps you can create bookmarks for each page and apply groups of the bookmark for grouping and navigations.

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Twistof8 , I checked out power bi does not allow , ctrl or Shift to select multiple page, this would be diffcult task to rearrage. If that is what you are looking for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.