Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lukaszp
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

ArcGIS Maps for Power BI (Preview) Discussion

Since we announced ArcGIS Maps for Power BI (Preview), we've been getting a lot of great questions and positive feedback.

Let's use this thread for a discussion of ArcGIS Maps for Power BI, including any issues you might encounter when using the feature.

You can now use the ArcGIS Maps for Power BI feature in the September release of Power BI Desktop. Remeber to enable it in the options menu.

You can find documentation here:

Some have asked for features:

A) Sign in to ArcGIS Online; it's on the road map ... vote for this idea to keep updated

B) Shapefile support ... use the ShapeMap visual

Known Issues:

Starting Monday 2/14/2017 you may receive an error when opening Power BI desktop when you have enabled ArcGIS Maps for Power BI (preview).  Please review this thread for further details. The workaround for this issue is documented here.

196 REPLIES 196

Which post you are referring to @charmainer . I have enabled ArcGIS at tenant lvl and have it working fine in desktop too. don't seem to find option to enable it in settings. 

Hi, You need to have power Bi Pro ( paid option). refer the earlier posts where Jerryli has mentioned , you also need to enable some settings in the admin options ( part of Aadministrator options in Power Bi service).

Hi, You need to have power Bi Pro ( paid option). refer the earlier posts where Jerryli has mentioned , you also need to enable some settings in the admin options ( part of Aadministrator options in Power Bi service).

Wow, okay I stand corrected!  Thanks for sharing.  Looks like I'll have to hit up my O365 admin for some answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow how did you do that?  I mean I followed the tutorial but I swear I couldnt see an option to enable it on admin portal.

Help please

check out previos post by in this discussion. Jerryli has had success.

I am also having trouble getting the map to display on the Service.  Any help would be appreciated...  This will be a great feature :).

Hi, You need to have power Bi Pro ( paid option). refer the earlier posts where Jerryli has mentioned , you also need to enable some settings in the admin options ( part of Aadministrator options in Power Bi service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.