Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

apkmnp
Frequent Visitor

Applying specific conditional formatting across individual rows of a table

Hi Team,

I have a scenario where I need to apply customized conditional formatting based on the SKUs and a factor for each SKU, however it seems the rules defined at the excel level are very specific to each SKU and there is no pattern available for me to replicate here.

Need some guidance on how can I apply these custom format to powerbi level, I understand that "Field Value" needs to be used here but not sure how to approach ahead. Each SKU has a different conditional formatting rule, sharing some examples

Eg for Row1:

apkmnp_0-1644765027698.png

Conditional Formatting Structure for row1:

apkmnp_1-1644765089791.png

Eg for row2:

apkmnp_2-1644765134238.png

Conditional Formatting for row2:

apkmnp_3-1644765213194.png

Sharing the complete file link with the exact conditional formatting required for 5 sample cases. Looking forward to some great responses.

(File link) Conditional Formatting required 

Best Regards,

Apkmnp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @apkmnp ,

I suggest you to transform your data model as below, then you can create a matrix and build measure which can be used in background conditional formatting.

1.png

Measure:

Measure = 
SWITCH(
MAX('Table'[SKU]),
"ABC1",
SWITCH(TRUE(),SUM('Table'[Value])<=0,"Red",SUM('Table'[Value])<2,"Yellow",SUM('Table'[Value])<6,"Grey",SUM('Table'[Value])<= 32,"Cyan","Light Blue"),
"ABC2",
SWITCH(TRUE(),SUM('Table'[Value])<=2,"RED",SUM('Table'[Value])<4,"Yellow",SUM('Table'[Value])<8,"Grey",SUM('Table'[Value])<=13,"Cyan","Light Blue")
)

Here we select Field Value as Format Style and choose the measure.

2.png

Result is as below.

3.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
apkmnp
Frequent Visitor

Hi, yes you are right, the factor just highlights the upper limit for color assignment in any row and does not have any particular correlation with the color, the main question here is if  I do need to map the seperate logic for all the rows here into a single measure as all the rows have different logic which is not comprehensible right now.

Eg for Row1:

apkmnp_0-1644765027698.png

Conditional Formatting Structure for row1:

apkmnp_1-1644765089791.png

Eg for row2:

apkmnp_2-1644765134238.png

Conditional Formatting for row2:

apkmnp_3-1644765213194.png

Hi @apkmnp ,

I suggest you to transform your data model as below, then you can create a matrix and build measure which can be used in background conditional formatting.

1.png

Measure:

Measure = 
SWITCH(
MAX('Table'[SKU]),
"ABC1",
SWITCH(TRUE(),SUM('Table'[Value])<=0,"Red",SUM('Table'[Value])<2,"Yellow",SUM('Table'[Value])<6,"Grey",SUM('Table'[Value])<= 32,"Cyan","Light Blue"),
"ABC2",
SWITCH(TRUE(),SUM('Table'[Value])<=2,"RED",SUM('Table'[Value])<4,"Yellow",SUM('Table'[Value])<8,"Grey",SUM('Table'[Value])<=13,"Cyan","Light Blue")
)

Here we select Field Value as Format Style and choose the measure.

2.png

Result is as below.

3.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

serpiva64
Super User
Super User

Sorry,

from your exemple is not possible to understand, it's clear that conditional formatting depends on the factor but it is not possible to me to identify any correlation with colours.

Can you  try to explain?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.