Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sthomas2010
Frequent Visitor

Apply Changes Crashes

I have created a powerBI file that was access my Quickbooks Desktop data through CData but our accounting moved to another server that is hosted by another company and they do not allow cData as an application to be installed on their servers.  They use another application QODBC Desktop Driver for QuickBooks USA 2023.  So now I am having to go in and reconnect all my paths to utilize this new source and inevitably QODBC brings in a lot more data points and gives them different names.  I have tried to go in and fix all the different Queries I have (around 39) but how do I just apply changes to one querie at a time?  The data is so large that it crashes when it tries to apply all the changes.

Please do not tell me I have to completely recreate powerBi file because the one I have (with all the added formulas and Measures to analyze our accounting data took me a year and a half to create.  I am needing this data before the end of the month.

2 REPLIES 2
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sthomas2010 ,

Please try below steps:

1. Please apply some filter when configure the connection to QuickBooks

2. Please apply the changes in steps

3. Please set the "Evaluation configuration settings" in Power BI Desktop, please refer: Evaluation configuration settings for Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sthomas2010 , If power bi file is too big, then you should prefer to commit changes one by one. We usually try to limit data on desktop

There is a video from Guyincube for that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zYvybVMk7k

You can also check quickbook power bi connector

https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-a-quick-trick-in-case-the-quickbooks-connector-does-not-give...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.