Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

94veiga
Helper II
Helper II

Append to tables with different size using directquery

Hi guys! I have two tables imported from SQL using direct query and I'm not able to append them.  These tables have some columns in common but others are different. I want to obtain an unique table with all the columns (the ones in common and the ones that are different). Example:

Table 1 (headers)                                    Table 2  (headers)                 Result (headers)

Year Song Album Singer         Year Film Director Actor Price             Year Song Album Singer Film Director Actor Price

Thank you in advanced!!!

6 REPLIES 6
94veiga
Helper II
Helper II

I finally got it with an SQL query before I put the data in. Thank you so much for all your time.

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@94veiga You could try the solution from below link as well since you are trying to combine tables using directy query method

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/DirectQuery-append/td-p/18122

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Is it possible to join tables by query without having the same number of columns?

Thanks a lot!!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@94veiga , I doubt you can append in direct query mode. are you using import mode?

No, I'm using DirectQuery Mode because the table is very large in size and makes the file size very large so it wouldn't let me publish it.

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@94veiga 

Open your power query window and select both the tables then Option Append queries as new. You can also use below code in your power query window to directly merge tables.

let
Source = Table.Combine({Mus_Tab1, Mus_tab2})
in
Source

Below is the output

negi007_0-1601459350562.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.