Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

J_Mug
Helper I
Helper I

App Like Experience - Single Access to multiple Reports

Hi,

I need some help with setting up some of our reports. Up till now, there has been a report by region (with completely different datasets and sources, but with a somewhat equal design and final KPIs). This means we've had almost copy-paste reports with different sources for each region and multiple pages with all the details.

I tried to re-structure the data to append it but it appears this is not an option, as management prefers an app-like experience and not a filter where they can choose the region they want to see. Again this would be a challenge to have all the data in the same table as each country has a completely different fact and dimension table structure.

I am trying to find a way to allow users to navigate from one report to another using a button, to give them an 'app' like experience. So there is a page with a summary with the main KPIs where they can choose the country they want to see, click, and then they are in the full report with all the details and pages, without the need to have a single report with +15 pages or a filter to choose a region.

So they feel like they are in one report but it actually spans multiple, so they could have the more granular experience where if they want to deep dive into one country they got all the details in one report and if they don't they still got the summary.

Kind regards,

Edit: I think maybe Power BI Apps is the solution for this. As I see it allows me to have multiple reports in the same space allowing for cross-report navigation. I still have some doubts about how it relates to cross-report drill through and if it can be enabled at all. Link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Hello there @J_Mug ! Please refer to this link for a solution to a similar question as yours!

Hope this answer solves your problem! If you need any additional help please tag me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️ or give it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
goncalogeraldes
Super User
Super User

Hello there @J_Mug ! Please refer to this link for a solution to a similar question as yours!

Hope this answer solves your problem! If you need any additional help please tag me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️ or give it a kudoe 👍
Thanks!

Best regards,
Gonçalo Geraldes

Oh, thanks! I think the post solves the question I made by creating an URL which is a nice solution, but the solution is from 2017.

I have seen there are new features with Power BI apps, so I could achieve the same with a better look and feel / user experience, here are some details. But I am not so sure if this solves everything, as I'd need to create different teams to accommodate different business apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.