Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ronnie7
Helper II
Helper II

Anyway to automate "Refresh Dashboard Tiles"?

Hi,

I have noticed that in the dashboard view itself in the web app, I have an option to "Refresh Dashboard Tiles". Upon cliking on it, the tiles show the updated information.
Is there a way to make sure these tiles are being updated automatically/live, without pinning a report page as a live page?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ronnie7,

By default tile will auto refresh after the source refreshed, but "pin live page" mode not support auto refresh tile data,you need to refresh the page to reload the tile.

>>Is there a way to make sure these tiles are being updated automatically/live, without pinning a report page as a live page?

I recommend you to turn on "display last refresh time" option at tiles detail panel.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

>>By default tile will auto refresh after the source refreshed

Hmm, and what if it doesn't happen? 🙂 I have a case where PBI dashboard has data with roles applied with filtering based on user name. Once the data refreshed, on the dashboard the users see all the data in the tiles not filtered by the roles applied on the model in PBI Desktop. When I manually did "Refresh dashboard tiles", then it seems to be fine.

Hi @Ronnie7,

You can try to turn on the scheduled refresh feature at setting -> datasets.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.