Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know what this error means?

I have a mixed mode dataset that this column works perfectly fine on....no issues at all.  

However, when I connect to this dataset (desktop) to create a report, that same column does not work...and I get this message.   I am connect via Live Connection to this mixed mode dataset.    The column is below.  The RMAItems table is an imported dataflow, the SLItem table is a direct query table.  

RMA Item to Return Unit Cost =
LOOKUPVALUE (
SLItemwhses_Query[CurUCost],
SLItemwhses_Query[Item], RMAItems_Query[RMA Item To Return],0
)

texmexdragon_0-1630026834830.png

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

In Power BI desktop, please check the calculated column RMAItems_Query[RMA Repliacement Item Unit Cost] and other DAXs that reference this column for any errors.

Are there NULL or Blank in the referenced MAItems_Query[RMA Repliacement Item Unit Cost] column?

You can try the following solutions:

Create a single-column table named RMAItems_Query[RMA Repliacement Item Unit Cost] and create relationships between other tables.

This is a link to related content, hope it will help you:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Could-not-load-data-for-the-Visual-in-Power-BI-Service/td-p/447191

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Hard to say without seeing your setup.  Two comments

1. Try to rewrite your calculated column differently. Use the data model and the RELATED() function. I had lots of problems with LOOKUPVALUE and mixed models.

2. If you have a Pro license then you may want to raise a Pro ticket at support.powerbi.com - they can check the Azure logs and maybe provide a better explanation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.