Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Arnaud1
Frequent Visitor

Analyse in Excel

Hi,

I'm new to Power BI and i have tested it a bit.

I have created a report and want to access it in Excel.

I've seen that there is two way to do that which are via .odc file or the connect to data button on excel.

With connect to data : I can access the metrics of the report but I can't access the actual report itself  (the report is mine).

With .odc : I can still access the metrics but get an OLAP Error with the report.

I don't understand/know what's wrong since it's just a merge of two queries with some additional columns.

If anyone has any clue of what I did wrong or what I should do thx in advance 🙂

Arnaud Tezenas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've found what's wrong... You have to create measures in order to have it working...

Great tool ...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Arnaud1,

You may take a look at Troubleshooting analyze in Excel.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I've found what's wrong... You have to create measures in order to have it working...

Great tool ...

Hi Sam,

Thx for your reply 🙂

I've tried to update things already.

The only thing I don't get is the "If you encounter an error that states Can't find OLAP cube model, then the dataset you're trying to access has no data model, and therefore cannot be analyzed in Excel", how to know that there is no data model ? It is queries to a database (SQL Server) that are used to create the report.

Regards,

Arnaud Tezenas

I guess I won't use Excel then 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.