Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ambiguous paths among tables! :(

Dear Power BI community: I've been wondering how to solve this issue, but I don't seem to be able to figure it out, that is why I am writting to you.

I have the following relationships among my tables for a demographic study, in which I have two tables: Education level (by person) and employment (it shows whether the person is employed or unemployed) in this table I'm creating a measure that counts the number of people. 

Ambiguous paths.png

When I try to create a matrix in which I show the socioeconomic level and the education level, Power Bi can't load the visual since there are ambiguous paths, however I can't see where the problem is, since I'm using the USERELATIONASHIP function in my dax expressions and Power BI is smart enough to make measures flow through tables.

Is my logic wrong? I'm doing it this way, since I don't want to merge tables.

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for answering jthomson. I've already solved it by deleting the relationship between Fact_people_education and Dim_household_data. As far as I have read, Power BI doesn't stand complex and several relationships among tables since it doesn't which look up table give priority to use in order to filter fact tables. I guess I still need to read more about relationships.

Regards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Well, it could go through fact_employment or it could skip it, that's probably the issue

Thanks for answering jthomson. I've already solved it by deleting the relationship between Fact_people_education and Dim_household_data. As far as I have read, Power BI doesn't stand complex and several relationships among tables since it doesn't which look up table give priority to use in order to filter fact tables. I guess I still need to read more about relationships.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.