Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aJayMitchell
Advocate II
Advocate II

Ambiguous path in Direct Query copy of dataset, not in original dataset

Hi all,

I've just started receiving the following error in a Composite model that I have. The model uses two datasets (Finance and Manhours) as it's source, and links these two datasets together via a common 'Jobs' table.

aJayMitchell_0-1685111232026.png

To rule out any issues within the Composite model itself, the first thing I've done is to remove the relationships between the two dataset - so the model is now basically just two DirectQuery links to separate datasets.

I completely understand what the error is trying to say, but I simply don't believe that any ambigious paths exist - and that's confirmed within the 'Finance' dataset where no error is shown (the two tables named come from that dataset). 

There are no additional relationships added in the composite model - so the only relationship are those which exists already in the Finance model.

Any ideas?!

1 REPLY 1
aJayMitchell
Advocate II
Advocate II

To better show the underlying model where the issue lies - this is a simplified version which still has the error:

aJayMitchell_0-1685112547788.png

Now I could understand that if the highlighted relationship was active, there'd be an ambigious path. But it's not. So why is it giving me this error?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.