Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DJJJJ
Frequent Visitor

Ambiguous datasets

Getting error on adding a known powerbi-dataset as source (directquery mode).

Something went wrong

Multiple Power BI datasets with specified friendly name "DSG Voortgang Tellingen" were found. 
Please rename the datasets to make the reference unambiguous.

Made a copy of pbix DSG Voortgang Tellingen and changed some measures in it.
Saved it as the original name and published it in my workspace.
After that I opened an other pbix (DSG Dashboard) because this pbix uses the dataset of DSG Voortgang Tellingen.
I wanted to reload the dataset and got this error.

I removed every report/dataset, did a clean publish and still get this error.
Even if I open an new pbix en load the dataset DSG Voortgang Tellingen, it loads. But when I change to DirectQuery mode, it gives the error.

When I change te name of DSG Voortgang Tellingen, it work's when loading the dataset in another pbxi. But I don't want to change te name.

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2023-01-20T10:37:25.8255284Z

Local Time:
2023-01-20T11:37:25.8255284+01:00

Session ID:
66d16e89-9fab-4f6f-a5d8-a456fa8a9943

Release:
December 2022

Product Version:
2.112.1161.0 (22.12) (x64)

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnectionException
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext.Send(SendOrPostCallback d, Object state)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.UIBlockingService.AllowModalDialogs(Action action)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.LiveConnectHelpers.LiveConnectionPropertiesValidator.TryGetValidLiveConnectionProperties(IPowerBIWindowService windowService, ILiveConnectionProperties connectionProperties, Report report, ILiveConnectionCompleter liveConnectionPropertiesCompleter, ILiveConnectionProperties& validLiveConnectionProperties, Boolean& resultIsSameConnection, ValidationStatus& validationStatus)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIDataImporter.AreAnalysisServicesConnectionPropertiesValid(IPowerBIWindowService windowService, Report report, ILiveConnectionProperties connectionProperties, AnalysisServicesConnectionMode connectionMode, ILiveConnectionCompleter completer, ILiveConnectionProperties& validConnectionProperties)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIDataImporter.ValidateAndCreateAnalysisServicesConnection(ILiveConnectionProperties connectionProperties, Boolean addToFormulaHistory, Boolean isExternalDataset)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.PowerBIDataImporter.<>c__DisplayClass24_0.<<AddPowerBIDatahubSource>b__0>d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<HandleAwaitableAsyncExceptions>d__1.MoveNext()

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.112.1161.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.dll","Component":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.UIBlockingService","Error":"Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnectionException","MethodDef":"AllowModalDialogs","ErrorOffset":"43"}

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19045.0 (x64 nl-NL)

CLR Version:
4.8 or later [Release Number = 528372]

Peak Virtual Memory:
70.2 GB

Private Memory:
750 MB

Peak Working Set:
957 MB

IE Version:

User ID:
5518f850-3ac6-453d-8ecd-547283294848

Workbook Package Info:
1* - nl-NL, Query Groups: 2, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: False.

Telemetry Enabled:
True

Model Default Mode:
Composite

Model Version:
PowerBI_V3

Enabled Preview Features:
PBI_compositeModelsOverAS
PBI_enhancedTooltips
PBI_enableWebView2
PBI_sparklines
PBI_scorecardVisual
PBI_fieldParametersSuperSwitch
PBI_horizontalFusion

Disabled Preview Features:
PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled
PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled
PBI_qnaLiveConnect
PBI_azureMapVisual
PBI_b2bExternalDatasetSharing
PQ_WebView2Connector
PBI_NlToDax
PBI_optimizeTabRibbon
PBI_relationshipEditPane

Disabled DirectQuery Options:
TreatHanaAsRelationalSource

Cloud:
GlobalCloud

DPI Scale:
100%

Supported Services:
Power BI

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

But I don't want to change the name.

You will have to.  No two datasets or tables across datasets in a composite model can have the same name.

I get that, the problem is, there are no two datasets. I removed them all and republished them again.
But when I want to load this dataset in another pbix (DirectQuery), it gives the error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.