Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

newbie_but_conf
Helper II
Helper II

Alternative to multiple meassures pr year in line chart by adding legend

Hi,

I know it's not possible to add multiple measures and a legend in a line chart pr week. Wondering if anyone has a workaround. 
I have som static values i always want to show, such as min, median, max for all years. I also want to show current year and then the user can select other years to add to the line chart. For now I have a measure pr year and the user selects the year and it shows in the graph. Wondering if there is an easier way to show this by adding for instance a legend and using just one measure to show the different years?

This is with just the current year.

newbie_but_conf_0-1695733261984.png

Then, if I add a couple of the previous years to the chart it looks like this:

newbie_but_conf_1-1695733361191.png

Virtually impossible without looking at the tooltip to know which year belongs to what line.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
whitch
Resolver I
Resolver I

Two ideas for you:

1. Format your lines so this year is thick & dark, last year is slightly thinner/lighter, -2 years is thinner & lighter again etc.

2. Format your lines so the colours aren't going to change, then create your own legend, outside of the chart completely, using shapes & textboxes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors