Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Spendrake

All except last row in Matrix is acting as a label since May 24 release

Hi,

Since upgrading to the May 2024 release of Power BI desktop, all the matrix grids in my report are acting strangely and all except the last rows of the matrix are formatting differently to the last row.  

For example,

I have one matrix with 3 rows, 0 columns and 2 values in tabular format.

The first 2 rows are acting as if they are labels whereas the last row acts as I would expect it to when it comes to display formatting.
Adding more rows or removing rows has no effect - only the last row is only ever formatted as I would expect it to be. The others all act differently and are in bold.

I have sub-totals turned which are in bold with a coloured background to them.

If I set the "Apply to labels" on under Values in Row subtotals menu then the first 2 rows also have the subtotal background formatting applied to them, not just the Total label.

Turning off Row subtotals, removes the subtotals but leaves the first 2 rows formatted as if they were still on (including the apply to labels setting).  If I turn apply to labels off before switching row subtotals off, then I don't get the subtotal background colour but all except the last row are still bolded and formatted differently.

Any ideas what is going on?  Is this a bug, my report corrupted in some way, or have I got some setting incorrect somewhere?  I can't find anything that resolves it.

Spendrake_0-1718359801251.png

Yellow boxes are where I would expect the rows to be formatted in the same way as Work Item Name row is formatted - as it used to, prior to the May '24 release.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Spendrake ,

During my investigation I have found users in the past who have had similar experiences to you .

For original post, you may refer to:Solved: Remove format bold text in matrix with stepped lay... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my issue but it does not resolve anything. Switching between apply to labels makes no difference to the look of the the rows, whether bold is selected or not. Even if row subtotals are off all together all rows bar the last are bolded but the last row isn't. If I expand or contract the rows, only the last row displayed is shown in the the correct format.

Regards

Spendrake

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.