Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Munin123456
Regular Visitor

All Dialog Boxes are Blank, PBI Desktop Unusable

When I open Power BI Desktop, the initial splash screen and all dialog boxes are blank/transparent. The buttons are clickable if you can remember where they are, e.g. close in the upper right. PBI Desktop is completely unusable.

From looking at other threads these are the options I found:

1. Reinstall. → Done, no success.
  2. Wiggle the box. → I can wiggle it, but it does not populate.
  3. Turn off infrastructure preview. → The options screen where this is done is also blank, so I can't try it.
  4. Opened the app by double clicking a previously-working PBIX. → Done, no success.
  5. Check firewall settings. → None of the settings seem relevant, and Power BI Desktop is checked to be allowed through anyway. I use Defender, the only 3rd party item is Malwarebytes and it's not showing any blocks today, nor does turning it off temporarily fix it.
  6. Update Windows and Edge. → Done, no success.

I had this issue previously and put in a support ticket. They did not find a solution but I was able to get it working then by a complete reinstall of Windows. I can't do that every month.

3 REPLIES 3
JSV
Frequent Visitor

Hi, not sure if this helps but I have similar problem with dialog boxes being invisible at random times, no pattern I can see (other than it started with the latest update) so most likely MS released it witout proper testing (yay agile!)

Padycosmos
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This video though for a different issue, is worth trying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja_FMo6UHS0

No luck 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.