Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fátima
Helper II
Helper II

Age average and age objective. Should I use a KPI chart?

Hi!

I have a table with people data (CODE, CENTER_ID, AGE...) that updates daily, and I need to show in a chart the average of their ages and how close they are from an objective. I was trying to create a KPI chart, but I don't get the expected result on the average, and I believe it is because I'm not using the correct field on the trend axis (since I feel like this axis is just for time, and I don't have any time field to measure).

The average of the ages is actually 41,56, but this is what I am getting:

Captura de pantalla 2023-02-01 104350.jpg

Is it because of the trend axis? And if that's the case, can't I use a KPI chart if I don't have a time field?

Regards!

1 REPLY 1
MAwwad
Super User
Super User

It's possible that you're encountering this issue because you're using a trend axis, which is typically used to display time-based data, for non-time data (i.e., ages). To display the average age and compare it to an objective, you may consider using a different chart type, such as a column chart or a bar chart, to show the data.

Here's an example of how you could create a simple column chart to display the average age and the objective:

1. Create a measure for the average age: Average Age = AVERAGE(People[AGE])

2. Create a measure for the objective: Age Objective = 41

3. Create a column chart with the Average Age measure on the Y-axis and a dummy dimension on the X-axis.

4. Add a line to the chart with the Age Objective measure.

This should give you a basic chart that displays the average age and the objective, allowing you to visually compare the two values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.