Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nadavbi
Helper I
Helper I

Affect Slicer in drill through page

I have a matrix with categories and I want the categories to allow drill through to a different page in the report.

The issue is that I have to use a slicer with the same field on the other page. So if I drill through using one category, while the other page has a default value of a different category, both are applied on the page and I have 2 contradicting filters (for example, slicer says category = A, while drill through filter says category = B). The result is that all visuals return empty results.

Is there any way to overcome this? Make the drill through affect the slicer as well?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nadavbi

Drillthrough is a kind of page-level filter,so when the drillthrough page has an existing filter,which is contradicting to the non-drillthrough page,you will get blank values. I have a workaround,but it can only show the drillthrough data:

That is,duplicate the visual(not the silcer) in the drillthrough page and set the interaction between the visual and the slicer as "none",then when you use drillthrough ,the duplicated visual will show the correct value,while the original visual will return blank.

Annotation 2020-04-14 171255.png

After drill throughAfter drill through

Here is the reference about drillthrough.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nadavbi

Drillthrough is a kind of page-level filter,so when the drillthrough page has an existing filter,which is contradicting to the non-drillthrough page,you will get blank values. I have a workaround,but it can only show the drillthrough data:

That is,duplicate the visual(not the silcer) in the drillthrough page and set the interaction between the visual and the slicer as "none",then when you use drillthrough ,the duplicated visual will show the correct value,while the original visual will return blank.

Annotation 2020-04-14 171255.png

After drill throughAfter drill through

Here is the reference about drillthrough.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Do you want to say that drill through page already has a filter of category = B. And you are drill down on A. I think, Unless most need you should not have the filter Or create a copy of page without the filter to drill.

Unfortunately, the slicer on the page must be there. So yes, I have an existing filter, and then drill through is contradicting it. I thought that because a slicer is some sort of a visual, it can ben turned to be affected by the drill through as well, like all the other visuals. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.