Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Aaron_P

Added Options to Choice Field in Powerapps - New Choices Not Showing in PowerBi

Hi Everyone,

I have a PowerBi report that pulls data from a D365 instance. I added some options to a choice field through powerapps, and they are showing in the field in D365, however when I refresh my data in PowerBi those options are not brought in. I can see rows that have the options selected in PowerBi, but they show blank in the report (they were previously blank before the option was added, and then were switched to match the new option.

Is there a way to do a more indepth refresh on data to pull these options in?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Aaron_P 

You first need to confirm that your data has been successfully added to Dynamic365. Make sure you haven't changed the table structure, and if the table structure changes, you'll need to rebuild in Power BI Desktop to link your report and publish it to Power BI Service.

You mentioned that the items you added didn't show up in the report, so the semantic model didn't refresh properly. In this case, you ensure that the connection to your Dynamics 365 instance is active and configured correctly. If any changes are made to credentials or permissions, data refresh may be affected. If your connection is OK and you don't have permission to change, you can try refreshing the semantic model manually.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.