Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CourtneyLeah
Frequent Visitor

Add trendline to clustered column visual

Hi,

I have a cluster column chart that holds our performance score for each month. From what I've read online I should be able to add a trendline to this visual. However, this does not seem to be the case for me.

Can anybody tell me why, or know of any other way to get a linear trend line (and associated equation if possible) on my bar chart.

Cheers

1-03-2017 2-08-17 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @CourtneyLeah,

The x axis is month year (based off a date column), the y axis is the count of non-compliances. Hope this helps

The x-axis must be a numeric value for trend lines to work currently. The month year column seems in a data type of Text.Smiley Happy

If you're using drill down features, the trend line will only work at the top level if the top level is a numeric value, and if any level below that is not a numeric value it will stop working for that level and all below it.

In addition, please also make sure that the X-Axis Type under Format tab has been set to Continuous and not Categorical.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  I was having the hardest time finding this simple solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable

And why does Trendline not work in a categorical numeric X Axis?? 

It seems strange that only works in continuous type.

Thanks for your help

alaeddin14
Helper I
Helper I

Hi .. 

can you add more details about the axis variables 

The x axis is month year (based off a date column), the y axis is the count of non-compliances. Hope this helps

Hi @CourtneyLeah,

The x-axis must be a numeric value for trend lines to work currently. The month year column seems in a data type of Text.Smiley Happy

If you're using drill down features, the trend line will only work at the top level if the top level is a numeric value, and if any level below that is not a numeric value it will stop working for that level and all below it.

In addition, please also make sure that the X-Axis Type under Format tab has been set to Continuous and not Categorical.

Regards

If the x axis is formatted as date/datetime then you should be able to add a trendline. It seems strange if the option is not available for date x axis. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.