Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RDercks13

Add SUMIFS column in PowerQuery Editor in PowerBI

Hello - 

After a few days of struggling with this tyring to use other recommended solutions, I have given up and decided to come here for help.  When looking at other solutions for this problem, I don't even seem to have the option to enter DAX formulas to create a column.  For instance:

RDercks13_0-1713540173112.png

Where as I see:

RDercks13_1-1713540203694.png

And when trying to use formulas such as SUMX, they are not even recognized.  Clearly it seems that I am doing something wrong or entering things wrong altogether, so I'm hoping some kind soul can help out this beginner.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @RDercks13 
If you want to add a calculated column with Dax you need to do it from the "front side " >> table view 

Ritaf1983_0-1713542324521.png

your second image is from PQ, PQ's language is M, and he doesn't speak DAX.

More information about the differences is here : 
https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/comparing-dax-calculated-columns-with-power-query-computed-columns/

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @RDercks13 
If you want to add a calculated column with Dax you need to do it from the "front side " >> table view 

Ritaf1983_0-1713542324521.png

your second image is from PQ, PQ's language is M, and he doesn't speak DAX.

More information about the differences is here : 
https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/comparing-dax-calculated-columns-with-power-query-computed-columns/

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.