Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

flea310

Add Filtered data from someone else's Power Bi page to my own workstation

Here's my end goal. I want to email a visual report made up of 6 filtered Power Bi pages from different Power Bi reports twice a day. 

* Someone in my company but outside of my organization created several Power Bi reports pertaining to my sector of the org.

* Every morning I am going through those reports and filtering down to the visualization they created, and then taking screen shots, editing, and emailing them out to my team.

* I want to create my own dashboard with those data sets already filtered, and my own visualizations.

Once that break-down is completed I can set-up up Power Automate to send the daily emails. I just need to know how to get that data into my workstation so that the already filtered content is emailed out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @flea310 

To create a dashboard with filtered data from different Power BI reports, you can use Power BI service to create a new dashboard and add the required visuals from the reports. Intro to dashboards for Power BI designers - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

You can filter the visuals as per your requirement in those reports, then pin them to the same dashboard created earlier. Besides visuals, you can also add other types of tiles to a dashboard. After completing the dashboard, you can use Subscribe to dashboard feature to send it to your team. 

Tips for designing a great Power BI dashboard - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Hope this helps. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @flea310 

To create a dashboard with filtered data from different Power BI reports, you can use Power BI service to create a new dashboard and add the required visuals from the reports. Intro to dashboards for Power BI designers - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

You can filter the visuals as per your requirement in those reports, then pin them to the same dashboard created earlier. Besides visuals, you can also add other types of tiles to a dashboard. After completing the dashboard, you can use Subscribe to dashboard feature to send it to your team. 

Tips for designing a great Power BI dashboard - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Hope this helps. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.