Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SriGaG1
Helper II
Helper II

Activating a slicer panel from another slicer

Hello there Experts,

I am new to power BI and I do have a requirement to get id done using PBI desktop. My requirement is, I do have several filter categories like, MTD,QTD ,YTD and All time. So when I click MTD,QTD or YTD, the date range slicer need to be greyed out. When I select All Time, the date range slicer will get activated. This is saying in this video. . But as you see in the video, the slicer panel is greyed out till we select custom icon in the filter. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKygF7VEJnQ&ab_channel=BIElite

I have tried the way exactly as it is what this video saying. But it is not graying out. IS this because I am using the latest version of Power BI?

Please help me... 

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SriGaG1 ,

Did you make same settings for the visuals with the ones in the video? In order to make troubleshooting, could you please provide your sample pbix file(exclude all sensitive info) and the vesion of your Power BI Desktop?

You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

yingyinr_0-1662709679407.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.