Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChristianDGreat
Resolver I
Resolver I

Accessing Dataset in Excel

Hello,

Is there any issues in Excel (to access power bi datasets)?
Before its working properly.

But now whenever I click get data > from Power Platform > From Power BI

Its showing me this blank screen

ChristianDGreat_0-1682538385792.png

9 REPLIES 9
cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

I've submitted the "Issue" here as well and an MSFT has responded, feel free to vote and/or comment

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Bug-Excel-Power-BI-Datasets-is-showing-Blank-pane-to-Users/i...

Got it, thanks! 

voted 🙂

cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

@ChristianDGreat is there any chance this is only happening to your Free Users versus Pro License Users?

I'm starting to get the feeling that they messed up the access for Free Users.  The feature we are talking about use to only be availble to Pro License Users, they opened it up to Free like a year or so ago.

I dont think so,

I myself is a premium user and I know lots of people in our org have pro account and all of us have the same issue.

Are you saying its working on your end now?

I have a Premium Capacity with about 10 Pro Licences.  So far, I can't find a Pro License user that see's the blank white pane (including myself), all of us can see the Datasets listed as normal.  It's only the Free Users that have shown me the issue.  I can't determine if it's all of them as there is hundreds.

We are testing giving a Free User a Pro License to see what happens.

Mine is working two weeks ago, we have more than 20 people who are in PRO and around 5 in Premium, none of us can connect via Excel (get data > from power platform > from power bi)

The only way for us to connect to Power BI Dataset is going to the power bi service and clicking analyze in excel which is not very user friendly.

cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

Same, we have a ticket open with MSFT within our Tenant, encourage you to do the same to get this resolved.

AA99
Regular Visitor

Bump, I'm having the *exact* same issue...I'm running the latest Excel and the latest PowerBI Desktop app from the MSFT store so not sure what's triggering this

Same here I have the latest version of both and still having this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.