Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MarkS2
Regular Visitor

A way to summarise data and drill based on column

Hi,

I'm having difficulty with manipulating a dataset in PowerBi to get my views/drills and hoped someone could help. I have a set like below;

IndexType of userQuestion 1Q2Q3
1SalesApproveDisapproveNeither
2..Marketing...Disapprove NeitherNeither

The view I'm trying to get is a summary of all questions with an 'overall' % such as Q1 20% approve 70% disapprove, 10% neither. with a drill available on Q1 answer '70% disapprove'  split further by role e.g. is 50% sales 20% marketing 30% I can to do it through manual manipulation but I thought there might be a better way in Bi? Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

Hi @MarkS2 

in your real case, how many UserType do you have and how many questions do you have?

It seems more common and analysable to arrange the data like this:

IndexUserTypeQuestionIDAnswer
1SalesQ1Approve
2SalesQ2Disapprove
3SalesQ3Neither
4Marketing  

this is doable with Power Query

Hi @FreemanZ ,

In the real case the data is structured like so, so i think i need two summaries, Q1 summary answer + Q1 summary answer grouped by UserType. If it could then be drilled further interactively to see the individual responses to Q1 via a click throuigh on the summary that would be ideal.

IndexUserTypeQuestion 1Question 2Question 3
1SalesAgreeAgreeAgree
2MarketingDisagreeDisagreeDisagree
3EngineeringNeitherNeitherNeither
4SalesAgreeAgreeAgree
5MarketingNeitherNeitherNeither
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @MarkS2 ,

I'm a little confused about your needs, Could you please explain them further? It would be good to provide a screenshot of the results you are expecting.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Liu,

The below 100% stacked bar, with the ability to click on an answer grouping to to then see a sub grouping of 'people' who answered A1. Added data and call out for clarity

MarkS2_1-1670671617015.png

Lets say A1 is made up of 5 answers, i want to be able to click on the bar for A1 and then drill into a details page showing the people who answered A1 with a summary of all their answers.

Sorry if that's not any clearer! Thanks for any help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.