Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

icdns
Post Patron
Post Patron

A circular dependency was detected HELP!

Hello, 

Would like to ask for your help. Im trying to get the total of two columns but when im creating a total column it shows an error of: 

Total ColumnC_Contractor_Assigned_FIELD + C_Contractor_Assigned_MANUAL

Error: A circular dependency was detected: ED[C_Contractor_Assigned_FIELD], ED[C_Contractor_Assigned_Total], ED[C_Contractor_Assigned_FIELD].

Here are my two columns to be added:

Im trying to add column A = 

C_Contractor_Assigned_FIELD = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(ED[ID]),ED[IN_FIELD] = "YES"))  
and column B = C_Contractor_Assigned_MANUAL = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(ED[ID]),FILTER(ED,ED[VENDOR_ASSIGNED] = "YES" && ED[IN_FIELD] = "NO"))

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Everyone!

Solved already. I just used the quick measure in powerbi. It just worked! 🙂 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@icdns , I saw equal to in formula. I am not sure is it typo here. it is like that in formula

these should be like

column A = C_Contractor_Assigned_FIELD - CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(ED[ID]),ED[IN_FIELD] = "YES"))

column B = C_Contractor_Assigned_MANUAL - CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(ED[ID]),FILTER(ED,ED[VENDOR_ASSIGNED] = "YES" && ED[IN_FIELD] = "NO"))

These seem fine. Can you share sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

refer :

column A = C_Contractor_Assigned_FIELD - CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(ED[ID]),ED[IN_FIELD] = "YES"))

column B = C_Contractor_Assigned_MANUAL - CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(ED[ID]),FILTER(ED,ED[VENDOR_ASSIGNED] = "YES" && ED[IN_FIELD] = "NO"))

Hello @ 

Sorry for the confusion but it's:

C_Contractor_Assigned_FIELD = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(ED[ID]),ED[IN_FIELD] = "YES"))

C_Contractor_Assigned_MANUAL = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(ED[ID]),FILTER(ED,ED[VENDOR_ASSIGNED] = "YES" && ED[IN_FIELD] = "NO"))

TOTAL = C_Contractor_Assigned_FIELD  + C_Contractor_Assigned_MANUAL  

But when i tried making the total column it shows an circular dependency error. 

Hi Everyone!

Solved already. I just used the quick measure in powerbi. It just worked! 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.