Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

GabrielFranca

2017 PBI versions wreck disk, cpu and memory utilisation

Hi Guys,

Since January version, Power BI Desktop wrecks cpu, memory and disk utilisation (Task Manager). I've got to go back to December version because that. Is someone facing the same problem? Is there any solution? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @GabrielFranca,

Could you please tell us which process is consuming most CPU, memory and disk in Task Manager? If it's Microsoft.Mashup.Container*, use the following options to troubleshoot  such performance issue.

1. Untick the following options in your current PBIX file. You can go to File -> Options and settings -> Options->CURRENT FILE(Data Load) to find the options.
1.PNG

2. Follow the guide in this blog to disable Load for these intermediate queries in your PBIX file to save memory.

3. Multiple calculations(complex measures and calculated columns) in large dataset will eat up much CPU and memory, optimize your data model by following  the tips in the articles below.

Data Import Best Practices in Power BI
Power BI Performance Tips and Techniques

4. Reboot your machine and check if  the issue still persists.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm running the February update and, with no data loaded to the data model (empty pbix) my CPU is 0.1%, memory is 45mb and disk is 0mb/s.

Perhaps the problem is with your data model, or custom visuals are hogging resources.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.