Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Keith011
Helper III
Helper III

1899-12-30 only appear in CSV

Hi There,

I've read numerous post regarding the 1899-12-30 formatting issue but couldn't find any solution.

My Power BI file is connected to a local Excel File. In the Excel file, the Join Time column values are pasted like so : 3/20/2023 07:00:00 PM

In Power BI i transform data in Power Query Editor format to only show Time so i'm left with 07:00:00 PM.
It's all showing perfectly in the table. However when i export data to CSV. In the CSV file it's showing 1899-12-30 07:00:00 PM

I've tried the below
In my Excel, remove the date and retain only the time

Power query > change to Time Only format

Modelling Tab > change format to -> 1:30 PM (h:nn AM/PM)

i've done everything where i remove the date entirely in my source file, purposefully change the format to Time only although i have already removed the date, but i still get the 1899-12-30 in my CSV export data

1 REPLY 1
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Keith011,

I have observed that behaviour as well. My workaround is to use FORMAT to convert time to text. The export to CSV now shows the time without 1899-12-30 date.

= FORMAT ( 'Table'[time],"hh:mm am/pm" )

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.