Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Joshrodgers123
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Right-click menu no longer works on dataflows

When right-clicking on any other artifact in the workspace list, you get a browser menu to open in a new tab.

This used to work for dataflows, but no longer does. This is not ideal for productivity, as dataflows do not currently support multitasking and make you close the PQ editor before navigating to another artifact.

Right-clicking on report:

Joshrodgers123_0-1708572456768.png

Right-clicking on dataflows:

Joshrodgers123_1-1708572544873.png

The ability to open the dataflow from the dateset details page also stopped working recently.

Joshrodgers123_2-1708572700508.png

5 REPLIES 5
Joshrodgers123
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I understand that the browser is showing the menu, but something changed with the way Power BI service is displaying the link for dataflows for the browser to treat them differently that other artifacts. I am using the latest version of Edge.

Ctrl + click does seem to work though.

Hi @Joshrodgers123 
Apologies for the issue you have been facing. The internal team has recorded this as a bug and working on it to provide a fix. But for now you can use the ctrl+click gesture to open in a different tab.

Thanks.

Thank you!

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Joshrodgers123 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this.
We will update you once we hear back from them.
Thanks 

Hi @Joshrodgers123 
The menu displayed is from their web browser, not the cloud service. If you want to open windows in new tabs - ctrl+click, right click copy and paste link, try a different browser. Please try these ways and let me know if the issue still persists.
Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.