Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

PhilippM
Helper I
Helper I

OAuth 2.0 API / Personio

Hey there,

I am new to Fabric and was trying to connect to our HR Software Personio, which is using a OAuth 2.0 API. Any pointers on how to use this as a source would be highly appreciated. Unfortunately it doesn't really fit with any of the authorization methods, that fabric provides. And I only have client ID, client secret and the URL of the API.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

You could try using a Notebook for this task.

In Data Factory, we have an SDK that allows you to create your own connector. We plan to enable support for custom connectors in Dataflow Gen2 later this year, but we don't have an ETA to share. However, such connector would work for something like Power BI Desktop and, if certified by the Personio folks, it would effectively also show up in Dataflow Gen2. I'd recommend reaching out to the Personio folks and asking them to create a connector and certify it for Power BI and Fabric.

Below is the link to learn more about the SDK and the connector certification program for the Personio folks:

Power Query SDK overview - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Power Query Connector Certification - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

You could try using a Notebook for this task.

In Data Factory, we have an SDK that allows you to create your own connector. We plan to enable support for custom connectors in Dataflow Gen2 later this year, but we don't have an ETA to share. However, such connector would work for something like Power BI Desktop and, if certified by the Personio folks, it would effectively also show up in Dataflow Gen2. I'd recommend reaching out to the Personio folks and asking them to create a connector and certify it for Power BI and Fabric.

Below is the link to learn more about the SDK and the connector certification program for the Personio folks:

Power Query SDK overview - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Power Query Connector Certification - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PhilippM ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community. 
Can you please refer the below similar threads -
Ingest data form a rest API with Oauth2 - Microsoft Fabric Community
Solved: retrieve token api call with content type x-www-fo... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Hope this provides some insights. Please let me know incase of further queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors