Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marcoG
Resolver I
Resolver I

Lakehouse validation of the connection hangs

I have installed the latest version of the gateway(3000.178.9).
The on premise input connection works while the connection to the lakehouse hangs(VERY SLOW) on validation (both with and without gateway)

5 REPLIES 5
miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hey!

I suggest reaching out to the support team by raising a new support ticket.

The team would be able to dig deeper to figure out what could be the situation.

marcoG
Resolver I
Resolver I

The data arrives in the staging area but not in the lakehouse I don't understand what the logic is?

Error: WriteToDatabaseTableFrom_TransformForOutputToDatabaseTableFrom_

null Error: Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issue with the mashup document MashupException.Error: Microsoft SQL: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Details: DataSourceKind = Lakehouse;DataSourcePath = Lakehouse;Message = A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server);ErrorCode = -2146232060;Number = 53;Class = 20 GatewayObjectId: 305f0d41-e624-4c13-b947-0f2761403cb7. .

What could be happening is that you may have a firewall rule that prevents data being moved by the Gateway from the staging lakehouse to its final destination.

Please reach out to our support to create a support ticket and have an engineer look at this situation.

Hi @miguel ,
if the data arrived at the cloud (in the staging area) through a gateway,

why should it now return to the premise to then reach the final destination (lakehouse)?

Another thing the gateway, by definition, must have only one opening of doors towards the gateway
and not open the doors for each lake house otherwise what is it the gateway for?

The Gateway is effectively the engine doing all the moving and transformation of the data. 

I'm not sure I follow the last question. Could you please rephrase it?

For this specific scenario, I'd recommend reaching out to our support team so they can do a more thorough investigation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024 FBC Gallery Image

Fabric Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.